youtubebloglovinfacebookinstagramtwittergoogle +Image Map

Monday 9 December 2013

A day to relax

Who doesn't love a day of pampering? 
Having it done can be quite expensive so here is the way I like to unwind from a particularly stressful day or just a day I feel like relaxing. 

I first start off with running a bath for myself and lighting a few candles. 
Here are two of my favourite candles at the moment: 
The first candle is by Wax Lyrical and its fragrance is called "Winter Walks"
It looks so Christmasy and smells so lovely and fresh. I actually picked it up at Tescos for £10

The second candle is by Woodwick and its fragrance is called "Cinnamon Chai"
It's the perfect Christmas warm spice scent and has a wood wick so it sounds like a fire crackling when being burned. SO LOVELY!

Next I make myself a coffee or any particular drink I am loving at the time. 
This is my intense black coffee that I love from Nescafe and is used in the Dolce Gusto machines
I add a bit of Gingerbread syrup to it just to give a lovely Christmas flavour

Then a top it all off with a good book and moisturising body scrub. 
This book is by Elisabeth Gifford, the mother of a good friend of mine, and is called "Secrets of the Sea House." I am currently loving this book and would highly recommend it to anyone. Here is a link to a synopsis of the book and where you can find it: Secrets of the Sea House
The body scrub is one I have mentioned previously, which is my Body Shop Chocomania Scrub

After my bath I like to spend the time to give myself a mini manicure and pedicure if needed. Today I am debating between two Rimmel polishes over my Black Essie Polish:
First I use my Black Essie Nail Polish in Licorice
Then I'll either follow up with Rimmel London's Precious Stones in Diamond Dust or Rimmel London's Space Dust in Shooting Star
Then I finish it off with my Seche Vite top coat

So that is how I like to unwind. 
I'm off now to do just that :) xx




No comments:

Post a Comment